Beetroot Wraps with Beetroot Crisps, Whipped Feta, Avocado and Cannellini Beans
Bursting with colour and flavour, these beetroot wraps will brighten up your weekday dinners.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 2 raw beetroots, peeled and sliced into 1-2mm rounds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g feta
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocados, cut into slices
- 100g pack watercress
- 300g cannellini beans
For the wraps
- 1 small raw beetroot (70g), grated
- 300g buckwheat flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon thyme leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Place the beetroot slices onto a non-stick baking tray, drizzle over olive oil, season and stir to coat. Spread out the beetroot evenly and cook in the oven for 20 mins. Remove and set aside.
2. For the wraps, put the grated beetroot into a large bowl along with the other ingredients. Add seasoning and combine to form a dough
3. Cut the dough into four pieces. On a floured surface, roll each one into a thin wrap.
4. Bring a dry, non-stick frying pan to a high heat and add one wrap at a time to the pan, cooking for 1 1/2 mins each side. Repeat with the other three wraps.
5. Using a hand blender or mixer, whizz together the feta, yoghurt, lemon zest and juice, and seasoning.
6. Place a wrap on each plate and pile on the avocado, watercress, whipped feta, beetroot crisps and cannellini beans. Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and serve.