BBQ Korean Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs make for moist and tender meat. Serve with rice or pitta.
Serves 6-8 Total Time 25-30 mins, plus marinating time
Get the ingredients here.
• 1kg skinless and boneless chicken thighs
• 100g chilli paste
• 1 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin
• 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 tbsp garlic and ginger paste
• 2 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
1. Trim off any excess fat from the thighs and cut each one in two. Keep to one side.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all the remaining ingredients, then add the chicken.
3. Stir to make sure the pieces are well coated. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 3 hrs.
4. When ready to cook, take 2 skewers and place them about 3cm apart.
5. Carefully slide each piece of chicken onto both skewers and press the meat together to make a big kebab.
6. If cooking on the BBQ, begin with indirect heat to cook the meat through, turning every 5 mins for 20-25 mins. Then finish off over the flames to get some lovely charring and crispy bits.
7. Using a sharp knife, slice through the meat to carve it.
If you’re cooking indoors, preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5 and bake the thighs for 20-25 mins,before finishing them off on a hot griddle pan to achieve the lovely charring effect.