Porridge Pancake Recipe with Caramelised Banana and Pecans
If you’re the kind of person who cooks too much porridge in the morning, this recipe’s for you. Just pop the leftovers in the fridge and your weekend brunch is (almost) sorted.
Serves 4 Total Time 15 mins
- 75g leftover porridge
- 175ml milk
- 75g wholemeal or spelt flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- coconut oil, for frying
- handful pecans
- 2 bananas, sliced 2cm thick
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- dollop of Greek yogurt
- Place the porridge in a large bowl and stir in a splash of the milk to loosen, then add the flour, baking soda and egg.
- Mix together, adding the rest of the milk slowly, until you’ve got a texture like thick double cream.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Pour enough batter into the pan to make a small, plump pancake. You might be able to fit a few in the pan.
- Cook for 2 mins, until just set. Flip and cook for another 2 mins. Cook in batches until all the batter is used. Remove and keep warm.
- Place the pecans and banana slices in the pan, fry for 2 mins on each side until golden.
- Stir in the maple syrup, let it bubble for a second and serve over the warm pancakes with yogurt.
To shop all things pancake day, visit our dedicated aisle on-site.