Banana Pancakes with Passionfruit Curd
Past-their-best bananas will add delicious sweetness to your pancake batter. Top with passionfruit curd for a tropical twist.
Makes 6 small pancakes Takes 10 mins
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 60-100g plain flour (or wholemeal)
- 1 tsp olive oil
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2 tsp passionfruit curd
- Dollop yoghurt
- Coconut flakes• Fresh passionfruit (optional)
1. Place the mashed bananas in a mixing bowl, add baking powder and eggs and whisk until combined and frothy.
2. Add the flour bit by bit until the batter is slightly thicker than normal pancake batter. If it’s too thick, add a little milk.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a little oil to coat the pan. Then spoon in about 3 tbsp of batter per pancake and lower the heat. Cover with a lid to help
the centres cook.
4. Cook for 3-4 mins, then remove the lid and flip. Cook for 3 mins more, until the underside is golden. Keep warm in the oven until all the batter is used.
5. To serve, top with the curd, yogurt, coconut and fresh passionfruit if you have it – it’s at its best at this time of year.