Baked Eggs with Gruyere, Greens and Sourdough
Bank holiday weekend brunches need eggs and this classic combination of flavours is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Serves 2 Total Time 30 mins
Get the ingredients here.
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g swiss chard, thick stalks removed and finely shredded
- 5 tbsp double cream
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 100g gruyere, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 sourdough bread, toasted, to serve
- Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Heat a knob of butter in a small, oven-proof frying pan and cook the spring onions and garlic for about 1 min until just fragrant. Add the chard with a splash of water and cook to wilt.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir in the cream and mustard to make a sauce, then add the cheese and stir together.
- Make two holes in the mixture and break an egg into each. Transfer to the oven and bake for 8-10 mins. Serve with toasted sourdough.