Argentinian Steak and Chimichurri Salad
There’s loads going on in this salad, so skipping the steak is easy.
Serves 4 Total Time 20 mins
For the chimichurri sauce:
- 2 x 28g packs parsley
- 1 x 28g pack coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- ⅔ tbsp olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sirloin steaks, fat trimmed if preferred
- 1 red onion, diced small
- 1 x400g tin black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 x 340g tin sweetcorn, drained, rinsed
- 290g jar red peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- Make the chimichurri in a small food processor, whizzing all the sauce ingredients together. Taste, season, and add more chilli or cumin to taste.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the steaks for 2–3 minutes on each side, depending on how you like yours.
- Toss together the red onion, beans, sweetcorn, peppers and avocado, then stir in the chimichurri. Slice the steak and serve on top of the salad.