Almond-Crusted Cod with Lemon and Parsley Butter RECipe
The almond crust on the cod will make your Good Friday dinner taste extra delicious. We served this with charred green beans and new potatoes.
Serves 4 Total Time 30 mins
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g butter, 25g melted
- 2 garlic cloves, 1 crushed and 1 finely sliced
- zest of 1 lemon and juice of half
- 25g flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 4 cod loin fillets
- 1kg new potatoes, larger ones halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Mix the almonds with the melted butter, crushed garlic, lemon zest and half the parsley. Season well and set aside.
- Boil the potatoes for 15–20 mins, until tender. Meanwhile, pat the cod dry with kitchen roll, place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and pack the almond crust on top of the fillets. Bake for 10–15 mins, until the cod is opaque and flakes to the touch.
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan, add the sliced garlic and heat gently until just golden, then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Turn the heat up high and fry the beans for 5–6 mins, until charred and tender. Season and sprinkle with the garlic slices.
- To make the sauce, melt the remaining 50g butter in a small pan. When it starts to foam, watch carefully – as soon as it turns deep gold, add the lemon juice and capers and take off the heat. Stir in the remaining parsley.
- Serve the cod with the green beans, drained potatoes and a generous helping of the sauce. If you like, finish with a squeeze of lemon.