We’re joining the Halloween fun by handing out tricks or treats through Alexa from 24th–31st October.
All you need to do is say to your Echo: “Alexa, ask Ocado for a trick or treat”.
Alexa will then decide if you get a trick or a treat.
Your prize will be added to your order if you have one placed, or popped into your trolley, ready to check out.
Have a wickedly good time!
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I get if I’m given a ‘treat’?
You’ll get something something sweet. Sharing is not obligatory.
What do I get if I’m given a ‘trick’?
You’ll get a fresh vegetable or fruit. So, not exactly a horrible trick, and a great prize for foodies!
Can I swap a treat for a trick (I prefer fresh veg!)?
We love our fresh veg too but you won’t be able to exchange treats for tricks, and vice versa.
Is the prize free?
Yes, it’s 100% free!
Can I win more than once?
No, you can receive either a trick or treat once during this giveaway.
What if I don’t want the prize?
Simply remove it from your trolley.
Do I have to check out an order within a certain timeframe to get my prize?
Yes, you’ll need to check out the order with your prize by 14th November.
I don’t know how to link my Ocado account to Alexa.
Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet and search for ‘Ocado’, then follow the instructions to link your account.
I don’t have an Alexa. How can I play along?
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to take part this time. Keep an eye on our Facebook page though, we have plenty of giveaways there.
Terms & Conditions
- This prize draw is open to all Ocado customers aged 18 or over who have linked their Ocado account to their Alexa account on their Amazon Echo device.
- Proof of age may be required. The prize draw is not open to Ocado employees (or family members of employees), anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of this prize draw and all affiliates of such companies.
- Prize draw period: the prize draw opens at 00:01 on Wednesday 24th October 2018 and closes at 23:59 on Wednesday 31st October 2018.
- Participants can enter the prize draw by clearly stating the phrase “Alexa, ask Ocado for a trick or treat”. Participants may enter the prize draw once during the prize draw period. Participants can win one prize per promotional period.
- During the promotional period, every participant is eligible to win one prize. Types of prizes: there are 10 ‘treat’ prizes and 10 ‘trick’ prizes from which the actual prize items will be randomly selected. All ‘trick’ and ‘treat’ prizes are food items. .
- After participants have asked “Alexa, ask Ocado for a trick or treat”, a computer-generated system that produces verifiable random results will determine whether the participant has won a ‘trick’ or ‘treat’ prize. The free ‘trick’ or ‘treat’ prize will then be added to the the participant’s Ocado trolley or, if they have an order placed, to their next placed order.
- If the prize was added to your trolley, you must check out an Ocado order (with a standard minimum spend of £40) by 23:59 on Wednesday 14th November to claim your prize.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative available. If you remove your prize from your Ocado order or trolley you cannot reclaim the prize; if you add the product again it will be added at full price.
- Winners will be audibly informed of their prize through their Alexa device up to a few seconds after asking “Alexa, ask Ocado for a trick or treat”.
- We reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value or to terminate, amend, extend or shorten the promotional period at any time and without notice.
- We have organised this prize draw in good faith and cannot be held responsible for third party products and services offered as prizes and all such prizes may be subject to the providers’ standard terms and conditions.
- By entering this prize draw you acknowledge and agree that this prize draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- By entering this prize draw you agree to sharing your personal details with Ocado to process and administer your entry to the prize draw and according our Privacy & Cookies Policy.
- Winners may be required to take part in promotional events in connection with this prize draw. Ocado will seek the winners’ prior written permission before they take part in the promotional events.
- We reserve the right at our discretion to eliminate or disqualify any entrants or entries that breach these conditions or the spirit of the prize draw.
- All entry instructions form part of these Terms & Conditions. By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them.
- By participating in this prize draw you agree that we may publish or make available your name and county of residence, if you become a winner. Prize winners’ name and county of residence will be available on request, for 28 days after the winners are announced by sending a SAE to the Marketing Department, Buildings One & Two, Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9UL.
- The promoter is Ocado Retail Limited of Buildings One & Two, Trident Place, Mosquito Way, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9UL.