Hurrah, we made it to Friday! Let’s celebrate than something sweet.
Freakshakes are currently taking social media by storm, and are beginning to appear on more UK menus. They look elaborate, but these epic milkshake-dessert hybrids are quite easy to make at home. Read on for our own strawberry shortcake freakshake recipe…
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 scoops strawberry ice cream
3 malted milk biscuits, crushed
3–4 strawberries, halved
A dash or two of milk (to get the shake to your preferred consistency)
150ml double cream, whipped
1 heaped tbsp Betty Crocker vanilla buttercream
Sugar Strands (or your favourite sprinkles)
1 Curly Wurly, halved
- Spoon the crushed malted milk biscuits into the bottom of a large glass, and press the strawberry halves against the insides of the glass (cut sides facing outwards).
- Blend the vanilla ice cream with a dash of milk until smooth, and pour into the glass. Repeat with the strawberry ice cream and another dash of milk.
- Dollop the buttercream on top in a rough layer, and pipe the whipped double cream on top to create a tall swirl.
- Sprinkle on the sugar strands and Nerds, and finish off with a Curly Wurly half.
- Enjoy with a straw (and a spoon).
Let us know your favourite flavour combos! For inspiration, check out our summer ice creams event. What will you blend? Have fun playing around with different flavours and adding your own toppings.