Tortelli are delicious by themselves, but this recipe takes them to the next level, with chunky vegetables and toasted pine nuts for extra flavour and texture.
Butternut and Sage Tortelli with Vegetables and Pine Nuts
½ pack (125g) The Fresh Pasta Company Butternut & Sage Tortelli
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove, crushed
50g mushrooms sliced
½ courgette, sliced
2tbsp fresh tomato pasta sauce
A little shaved Divo vegetarian parmesan
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Gently toast pine nuts in a frying pan, tossing them around until golden, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the pan, then garlic, mushrooms and courgettes. Add a splash of water to the pan, then cover and cook for four to five minutes.
- Uncover and add tomato passata, then cook for a further one to two minutes.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Add the vegetable mixture, pine nuts and parmesan to the drained pasta.
- Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
Tomorrow’s an easy day with no from-scratch cooking, but there’s still plenty of room for experimentation: watch this space…