Did you know that radishes are one of the UK’s fastest growing vegetables? They only take about four weeks to grow from seed to ready-to-eat radish. Their bright colour, peppery flavour and crisp, crunchy texture stands out in both cold and warm salads: read on for seven different ways to enjoy them…
1) Planning a barbecue? Take your potato salad to the next level: this New Potato Salad with Radishes, Spinach and Pea Shoots from blogs.sweden.se/food puts a Scandinavian spin on a classic favourite.
2) For a side salad that will go with almost anything, try making this Fennel, Pea and Radish Salad. With only six ingredients, it’s simple but delicious.
3) This Mackerel and Beetroot Salad from BBC Good Food makes a light, delicious meal. The green leaves, deep red beetroot and bright red radishes make this a feast for the eyes too.
4) For a veggie-friendly dish, try making a Radish and Halloumi Salad. The halloumi has such as delicious bite to it that even non-vegetarians will love it.
5) Make Salmon with Radish and Avocado Salad for a quick and nutritious midweek meal – it’s easy to make and looks effortlessly impressive.
6) The Vegetarian Society’s Warm New Potato and Asparagus Salad features three seasonal ingredients: new potatoes, asparagus spears, and (of course) radishes!
7) Salads don’t have to be light: Sophie Michell’s Quinoa and Pea Salad with Lamb Fillet is hearty but healthy, and packs plenty of protein.
Our Ocado Organic Veg Boxes all contain radishes this week: why not choose one and try one of these recipes out over the weekend?