Appearing in our seasonal Organic Veg Boxes this week, purple sprouting broccoli makes a subtly colourful addition to your plate. This recipe for Purple Sprouting Broccoli and Speck Tagliatelle by Natoora takes just 20 minutes to make. Why not try it for dinner this week?
- 300g Natoora Worcestershire Purple Sprouting Broccoli
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 70g Natoora Italian Speck
- 250g Natoora Fresh Egg Tagliatelle
- 80g Natoora 30 Months Aged Parmigiano Reggiano, grated
- Rinse the broccoli florets, then slice them lengthwise so the stems are of equal thickness.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- Once boiling, add the broccoli and blanch for 3 minutes. Remove with a sieve and set aside. Keep the pot of water: you can use it to cook your pasta later.
- Heat the olive oil with the chopped garlic in a large pan.
- When fragrant, add the broccoli. Stir-fry for 5–8 minutes until nicely browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Tear the speck slices with your hands and add them to the pan with the broccoli. Sauté for one more minute.
- Cook the tagliatelle until al dente, drain and add to the pan.
- Toss to evenly coat with the sauce, and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Total time required: 20 mins
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins