Our Donate Food with Ocado scheme has been up and running for just over a month – and we’re elated with its success to far.
With your help, a total of £19,609 has already been raised. Fantastic! That’s an incredible £9,804.50 from you, our customers, which we then matched in groceries.
One reason we set up this scheme is to help our food bank partners get what they need, when they need it. They provide us with a wish list, which helps us select what groceries to supply, week by week.
So what sort of products are on the wish list? Well, here’s a list of just a few of the groceries we’ve supplied over the past fortnight:
- 18.7kg of parsnips (enough for more than 150 portions of tasty parsnip soup).
- Enough chicken to make 89 servings of chicken tikka masala, or 36 chicken fajitas.
- Over 135kg of fruit and veg, which adds up to 1,700 portions of your five a day.
- Hundreds of cups of tea, from 30 litres of skimmed milk.
- Over 500 sausages. If laid end to end, they would be longer than an Olympic swimming pool!
- 60 portions of shepherd’s pie, from over 6kg of mince.
Without your generosity we couldn’t have supplied our food bank partners with the fresh meat, veg and fruit (and everything else!) they needed. So from them, and from us, thank you for your donation.
We’re excited to see how the scheme develops and, of course, we’ll keep you updated with how your donations are making a difference.
If you’d like to donate again, head over to ocado.com and simply add a donation to your order.