Whether you’re throwing a big festive bash, or a more casual dinner, why not let your guests help themselves? You get to spend less time in the kitchen, and they get the pleasure of your company. We’ll say cheers to that!
Choose a posh pie or two for the middle of the table – one meat and one veggie keeps everyone happy.
Keep a stash of tasty canapés in the freezer that can be popped in the oven if it looks like provisions are running low. These from Dale Foods are based on hearty British classics:
- Dale Foods Mini Yorkshire Pudding with Beef & Horseradish Pies (12 per pack, £5.99)
- Dale Foods Mini Peppered Steak Pies (12 per pack, £5.99)
- Dale Foods Shepherd’s Pies (12 per pack, £5.99)
Mini cakes and treats make dessert really easy, especially if you can just grab them from the freezer:
- Traiteur de Paris Macarons (36 per pack, £24.99)
- Dale Foods Mini Victoria Sponges (12 per pack, £5.99)
- Traiteur de Paris Petits Fours (24 per pack, £19.99)
Mix textures and strengths for a cheeseboard full of interest. To keep everyone happily nibbling, we recommend:
- Godminster Cheddar Truckle (200g, £4.99)
- Cropwell Bishop Blue Shropshire (150g, £2.75)
- Waitrose Moody’s Rosary Ash Goat’s Cheese (100g, £3.35)
- Hawes Wensleydale Truckle (500g, £6.99)
- Ma Cremière Whole French Brie (1kg, £7.99)
Perfect buffet wines
Versatility and variety are key here. Cover all the bases with a fizz, white and red – and stay on the lighter side.
From Ocadolife – read it online now