A happy autumn to you all – isn’t autumn a marvellous season to be a man? Football is back, hearty food fills pub menus and ale tastes better. Plus, whereas summer is about the body, autumn is all about the face.
Let’s face it. Most of us look better rocking the autumn scarf look than the pastel shorts and t-shirt combo. So this is our time, gentlemen, to celebrate our faces. Our ragged, chiselled, high-cheek-boned, moisturised, big, old, young, fresh, smooth and hairy faces.
According to certain reports, we may have reached peak beard. I say NONSENSE. If the 21st century beard can survive Mumford & Sons it can survive anything. So, fair gentlemen, if you want to rock a crazy ‘tache or a grizzly beard, go for it, express yourself.
On the other hand, if you prefer to work the clean shaved look, that’s perfectly acceptable too. And with the cutting edge (sorry) tech now being used in razors, and the very affordable ranges of balms, moisturisers and creams, there’s no excuse for not being perfectly shaved every day.
Whichever way you choose to treat your face this autumn, make sure you own it. It’s your face, and you only get one.
You can find a selection of my favourite face products here, but here’s my top three.
1. Total Shaving Solution Shaving Oil. This is one for the clean shavers. Oil is the way forward when it comes to shaving and this brand even comes with a ‘closest shave ever’ guarantee.
2. Gillette Fusion Proglide Beard Styler. There’s no excuse for an imperfect beard with this very impressive beard styling razor. Seriously, no excuse.
3. Gillette Fusion Proglide Manual Razor Blades. The best value a man can get. This pack includes 10 blades and a razor with a reformulated lubrication strip. If you want to stock up and enjoy a good deal, this is the pack for you.
Now, competition time. We have an iPad and 100 Nivea giftpacks to give away. To be in with a chance to win simply tell us if you prefer Groomed or Grizzly! Groomed are those clean-shaven gentlemen while Grizzly are the charming modern gents who sport facial hair. Leave your answer, along with a recent Ocado order number (see your receipt) in the comments below.
Good luck and have a super autumn.
Nivea Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
- This prize draw is open to Ocado account holders who have posted an entry in accordance with this prize draw and have a postal address within the Ocado delivery area. To check if you live within the Ocado delivery area, please visit http://www.ocado.com/postcode.
- Anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of this prize draw or who does not have a delivery address within the Ocado delivery area will not be eligible to win a prize.
- Prize Details: Apple iPad mini with Retina Display 16GB White plus 100 runner up prizes of bundles of these skus worth over £28 (based on Ocado current selling price, set at Ocado’s discretion).Nivea Men Sensitive Face Wash (100 ML) Nivea Men Sensitive Cool Shaving Gel (250 ML)
Nivea Men Sensitive Cool Shave Balm (250 ML)
Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive 3in1 Micellar Water (200 ML)
Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Day Cream SPF 15 (50 ML)
Nivea Daily Essentials Sensitive Night Cream (50 ML)
- The closing date and time for entries into the prize draw is 23.59 on 02/11/2014. Entries placed after this date and time will not be included in the prize draw.
- To qualify, entrants must post their last order number and their answer to the survey question in the comments below; this can be found on your receipt or e-receipt.
- The winner will be selected at random in the week commencing 03/11/2014.
- The winner of the prize will be contacted within 5 days of the draw and will be given full details of how to redeem their prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 3 days, or cannot take up the prize, then Ocado reserves the right to select another winner.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative available
- Ocado reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value or to terminate, amend, extend or shorten the promotional period at any time and without notice.
- Your personal data will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Ocado has organised this prize draw in good faith but cannot accept any liability relating to the prize draw or the prize offered.
- All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this promotion, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them.
- The promoter of this prize draw is Ocado Retail Limited. For details of the winner’s name and county please email email@example.com