At Ocado we believe in nurturing British suppliers, so we’ve made it our mission to source the UK’s very best small producers. We love discovering exciting new products for our customers to enjoy and over the years we’ve supported hundreds of new, up-and-coming brands like Yorkshire Provender, G’nosh, Muddy Boots, Higgidy and What on Earth.
Now, with the backing of retail legend Sir Stuart Rose and chef Tom Kerridge, we’ve launched ‘Britain’s Next Top Supplier’, a nationwide search to find the next big thing in food and drink.
Stuart and Tom will sit on a judging panel alongside our buyers, and a shortlist of entrants will be invited to deliver a ‘Dragon’s Den’ style business pitch. Could you be one of them?
The winning product or range will secure a listing at Ocado for six months, with an option to extend. The winner will also receive £10,000 to promote their product through our website, marketing and social media channels.
Who can enter Britain’s Next Top Supplier?
We’re looking for new or small producers who would like to sell their product or range nationwide. It’s open to all food and drink suppliers, as long as their product isn’t stocked at another major supermarket.
Think you’re too small to secure a deal with a big store? The unique way we run our online supermarket means that we can work with even the smallest quantities, because we’re not limited by competition for shelf space like old-fashioned shops. (It’s why we’ve been able to grow our range to more than 34,000 products – the biggest in the UK.)
So what will the judges be looking for?
Quality – Ocado customers receive the best: the winning product must be made to a high standard and taste delicious.
Dedication – we’re looking for a passionate supplier who will work with us to make their product a success.
Accessible – the winning product will have a competitive retail and commercial cost price i.e. not be prohibitively expensive.
Distinction – our judges are looking for a product that will bring something a bit special to our existing range. Unusual, hard-to-find or downright quirky products will catch the judges’ eyes.
We’re welcoming entries from today, Monday 6th January until 16th February, and we’ll be sharing stories about the competition right here on our blog each week.
So what are you waiting for? Register your interest and receive an entry pack now by emailing email@example.com
Naomi Bullivant, PR and Social Media Executive
Terms and Conditions
- Britain’s Next Top Supplier is open to all suppliers with a food or drink product that is not already stocked in Morrisons, Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Co-op, Lidl or Aldi and won’t be until August 1st 2014.
- All entrants must provide the information requested on the entry form before 23.59 on Sunday 16th February 2014. Any entries received without the requested information or after this time may not be considered.
- There will only be one winner, however if other suppliers appeal to Ocado’s buying team they may contact these suppliers at a later to date to express an interest in ranging the product/s.
- Prize Details: the winner of Britain’s Next Top Supplier will receive a six month listing with Ocado. The winner will also receive support through Ocado’s Marketing, social media and PR channels to the value of £10,000.
- All entries will be looked at by the buying team at Ocado and those that meet all of the criteria outlined in the entry form will be considered for the shortlist.
- The buyers will then choose the shortlist and they will select as many or as few suppliers for the shortlist as they feel appropriate.
- The shortlist will be announced w/c: 17th February and all finalists will be contacted directly.
- The shortlisted suppliers will then be invited to meet with the Britain’s Next Top Supplier judging panel which will include Ocado Chairman Sir Stuart Rose and Michelin Starred Chef Tom Kerridge. Other judges may be invited to join the panel and in event of illness or unforeseen circumstances one or more of the judges may be substituted.
- The judging will take place in February 2014 and shortlisted entrants will be expected to pitch their products to the judges and provide samples for tasting. There will only be one judging panel and if a representative of the shortlisted entrant can’t attend on the day they will be disqualified.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 1 day of the initial notification, or cannot take up the prize, then we reserve the right to select another winner.
- The winning supplier will be expected to ensure the product/range of products is safe and legal for the retail environment and the six month listing will only commence when the winning product is retail ready.
- If the winner is unable to ensure the product/range of products is retail ready we reserve the right to select another winner.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative available.
- We have organised this competition in good faith but cannot accept any liability relating to the competition or the prize offered.
- Shortlisted entrants will be required to take part in marketing, PR and social media activities including photography. All images will become the property of Ocado.
- All entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. By entering this competition, all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them.
- The judging panel will be filmed and this film will become the property of Ocado.
- The promoter of this prize draw is Ocado Limited. For details of the winner’s business name please send a SAE to the Marketing Department, Ocado Limited, Titan Court, 3 Bishops Square, Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9NE.